It is my personal goal to put at least one new post on my blog every week. I began writing a blog entry earlier today with the hopes of finishing and posting it before the day was through. The day is just about spent and I have not yet finished writing that entry. I need to do just a little more work on that particular entry before it is ready to post. I will hopefully have this post up by Monday at the latest.
That being said, I still want to meet my goal of posting one blog entry every week (meaning the calendar week, Sunday-Saturday), so I have decided to quickly write up a brief post and share two wonderful pieces of music that I find to be inspiring. Music is one of the great sources of wondrous light in my life, and my heart is filled with gratitude to God for the many sublime and profound compositions He has inspired and helped musicians to create. We are truly blessed by the uplifting and positive influence of such great and wonderful music.
The first piece of music I wish to share is a song entitled, "My Song in the Night," performed by the Mormon Tabernacle Choir. This particular video is actually more of a music video then strictly a recording of a performance. The video elements are very nice and do add a lot, but it is the music itself that I love the most. I feel such a wondrous and sublime wonder and beauty in the melodious majesty and gentle power of this song.
The second piece of music I wish to share is an arrangement of, "Nearer My God to Thee," for 9 cellos performed by Steven Sharp Nelson, a member of The Piano Guys (a small group that has made several music videos featuring the cello playing of Steven Sharp Nelson and the piano playing of Jon Schmidt, that I understand have generated quite a bit of popularity on the Internet; this is one of their videos). This too is really more of a music video, and features some wondrous scenes of nature in addition to great music. I find this to be a very inspiring and stirring piece of music. The natural scenes shown are also a marvelous source of wondrous light.
No comments:
Post a Comment